(Sustainable) Textile Specialist
ECCO is a major manufacturer of shoes and leathers with an annual revenue of more than EUR 1,3b, employing more than 21.000 people and producing more than 20m pairs of shoes annually, with a global production footprint. Applied Research ECCO ensures ECCO is a few steps ahead of time when it comes materials and technologies for footwear.
Applied Research ECCO is building a team whose activities rely on principles of sustainability and circular economy. The team focuses on textiles that introduce sustainable advantage, textile dyeing/finishing, upcycling of side streams from leather and shoe manufacturing, carbon footprint behind a range of materials and processes, new fibrous materials from renewable sources, bioplastics , We are looking for a textile specialist who would contribute shaping and expanding ECCO’s sustainability activities. The new colleague will be based in our leather factory in Dongen, the Netherlands.
- Scouting of new technologies related to textile yarns and fabrics
- Initiating and managing projects related to low-carbon footprint materials and tools in textiles and footwear manufacturing
- Designing and conducting experiments related to material/textile testing
- Ensuring textile yarn/fabric quality in areas such as strength, durability, colour fastness, and water, chemical and mold resistance
- Establishing collaborations with external partners in both industry and academia
- Regular and systematic reporting of R&D activities
- R&D activities beyond textiles field, within overall department’s project map
- Deeply-exploratory and goal-driven mindset
- Master’s degree in Textile Engineering/Textile Technology or related field
- 5+ years of work experience in R&D in textile industry, preferably in yarn/fabric finishing
- High level of technical knowledge and strong practical skills
- Solid insights in textile certifications preferable
- True team player
- Frequent travels
Due to legal restrictions we can only accept applicants from within the European Union.