ECCO is a major manufacturer of shoes and leathers with an annual revenue of more than EUR 1,3b, employing more than 21.000 people and producing around 20m pairs of shoes annually, with a global production footprint. Applied Research ECCO ensures ECCO is a few steps ahead of time when it comes materials and technologies for footwear.
The department of Applied Research focusses on sustainability and reducing the carbon footprint of our operations. We are building a team whose activities rely on principles of sustainability and a circular economy. The team focuses on the introduction of sustainable textiles, textile dyeing/finishing and how to make different materials and processes more environmental friendly. Therefor we are making new fibrous materials from renewable sources and bioplastics. The Textile / Material Specialist will contribute in shaping and expanding ECCO’s sustainability activities. The new colleague will be based in our leather factory in Dongen, the Netherlands.
· Researching and scouting of new technologies related to textile yarns and fabrics
· Initiating and managing projects related to sustainable materials and tools in textiles and footwear manufacturing
· Designing and conducting experiments related to material/textile testing
· Ensuring textile yarn/fabric performance improvement
· Establishing collaborations and building a network of external partners in the industry and universities
· Presenting and reporting of R&D activities
· R&D activities beyond textiles field, within overall department’s project map
This is you
· Bachelor or Master degree in Textile Engineering or other relevant study
· Technical knowledge in textiles
· Exploratory and goal driven mindset
· Having (or capable of building) a strong network in textile industry
· Capacity to get insights in fields beyond your field of expertise
· Project management skills
· True team player
· Capable of frequent traveling
What we offer
· A salary that fits your experience and an end of year allowance of 2,1% of your gross year salary;
· An excellent retirement fund of which 2/3rd is paid by ECCO;
· At least 25 holidays and 4,5 ATV days when working on fulltime basis;
· Discount on your health insurance;
· Possibilities to grow and develop by training and education;
· Company parties for all employees;
· Different social activities such as the Friday football evening.
Do you recognize yourself in this:
Sent your application including letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to legal restrictions we can only accept applicants from within the European Union.