- Expatriate compensation package will be provided for globally mobile candidate.
- Work location for this position: Factory in Bau Bang District, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam
Arising from planned staff movement, we are looking to fill our Supply Chain Director position in our shoe production factory in Vietnam.
This position reports to the Managing Director of the factory. He/She will be the overall responsible for the supply chain function in the factory and is able to lead and coach the supply chain team, covering production planning, MRP, purchasing, import/export, warehouse and product distribution centre.
Key responsibilities would include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for overall production capacity planning to meet order/forecast requirements, in coordination/consultation with production department to optimize production and deliveries in accordance with agreements and agreed schedule/plan
- Responsible to ensure the material requirements planning, purchasing, and logistic functions support the production requirements in an effective and efficient manner
- Take lead on pre-emptive advice to production on any deviation in regards to materials availability to production
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Responsible for the suppliers management, from sourcing/evaluation of new suppliers to obtain new material (when required), ensure best value for all purchases with the required quality, and the desired lead time, in coordination/consultation with Global Sourcing Team
- Take lead in contracts negotiation and management to safeguard the company’s interest in accordance to our corporate governance and favourable contract terms
- Ensure that deliveries/distribution are made according to schedule in correct quantity, and the information are accurately updated in the system
- Ensure proper disposal or sales of obsolete stock and non-required stock
- In particular to import and export of material and products, this position is to take lead and be overall responsible to manage the appointed import/export freight forwarders/agents, in coordination and consultation with GSPS SCM team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Possess a university degree Bachelor or Master Degree with major in supply chain/finance/management
- Knowledge in shoe-making will be preferred
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain management in manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance framework
- In-depth business process knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of local statutory legislation (customs) and import/export taxation that have financial impact
- Working knowledge of management policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of project management principles
- Prior working experience in Vietnam will be ideal
Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on www.enter.ecco.com.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.