“To be considered; you must include a CV and a letter of Motivation. Applications without the requested documents will not be considered."
ECCO is a leading company in the footwear industry with the reputation of a global manufacturer of high-quality, comfortable, state-of-the-art footwear. ECCO’s innovative approach, which can be found throughout the value chain, from hide to high street, combined with the aim of being excellent in everything they do, is what makes ECCO stand out as a company. You are offered a role with the possibility to impact and add significant value to ECCO’s challenging growth plans. Adding sincere commitment where diversity and personal development take pride of place demonstrates why more than 20,000 employees around the world prefer ECCO as their employer.
We are seeking a Solution Architect to work at our office in Amsterdam. This role will be responsible for keeping up to date with technical and functional development within ECCO as well as within the industry. They will proactively engage with relevant business stakeholders in order to understand business challenges and perspectives within our domain and independently translate short and long-term business requirements into concepts and roadmaps.
Responsible for formulating, advocating and documenting the solution architecture strategy
Understanding requirements - Identifying the stakeholders, helping to analyse the requirements and extracting those of architectural significance
- Formulating the design - Creating a solution structure which will meet the various requirements, balancing the goals and constraints on the solution
- Communicating the architecture - Making sure that everyone understands the architecture. Different people have different viewpoints, so you have to present various views of the system appropriate to different audiences
- Supporting the developers – Making sure that the developers are able to realise the architecture, by a combination of mentoring and direct involvement
- Verifying the implementation – Ensuring the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture, and will meet the requirements.
- The Solution Architect has to ensure Solutions on the team are compliant with the Enterprise Architecture framework, which requires regular engagement between departments and Enterprise Architects to ensure alignment on cross-cutting concerns.
- Troubleshoots, improves and maintains the functionality of customizations and integrations with a variety of other systems.
- Ensures timely customer-focused responses to enhancement requests, troubles assistance, and other technical requests.
- Other duties as required.
- 4 year university degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years in a business/systems analysis role or solutions architect role
Skillful in gathering and analyzing requirements impacting data-intensive applications/systems, and building solutions for satisfying those requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as meeting facilitation skills
- Be able to write database queries and navigate database schemas in order to support analysis effort
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint and be able to articulate ideas and solutions leveraging these tools to broad set of audience, including developers, testers, management and business partners
- Experience in developing process flows
- Knowledge of Salesforce systems (Commerce, Marketing, Service Clouds)
- Knowledge of eCommerce architecture from an Omni-Channel perspective
- Ability to write, read and speak English proficiently
Please note: This role does not provide relocation assistance. Possession of EEA working entitlements is required.