As part of our over-arching consumer engagement strategy, the Social Media Manager is charged with developing ECCO’s strategic approach to utilizing Social Media as a Consumer Engagement tool.
The Social Media (SoMe) Manager is responsible for
- Leading the SoMe team in ideation, creation and deployment of campaigns supporting global and local initiatives to drive the successful use of SoMe as an acquisition and retention tool
- Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of ECCO’s investments based on thorough marketing planning, implementation, and analysis.
- Ensuring ECCO is effectively utilizing social tools to listen to conversations about our brand, products, innovations, leather development and overall footwear and retail trends in order to drive the business forward and ensure we are delivering our brand promises.
- Identify strategic content/topics which should be elevated within the organization as they relate to product development, brand or consumer issues (i.e. service)
- Evaluating the constantly changing trends in social media and social networking.
This position is responsible for evaluating the constantly changing trends in social media and social networking. The ideal candidate is sharp, quick-witted and well-versed across all social media platforms.
General Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Platform owner of Social Studio: Develop and utilize platform on a strategic and operational level
- With support from Social Media team, management of global social media programming, ensuring all campaigns have been activated effectively for global and local needs
- Serve as subject matter expert and point of contact for campaign deliveries and activation
- Collaborate and follow up with markets on campaign development and reporting
- Execute market development and training within social media tools to ensure they are leveraged to meet local KPIs
- Manage revenue driven content in relation to global channels, ensuring all campaigns have been activated.
- Seek out new trends, creative and tactical best practices to help drive SoMe strategy and enhance the knowledge of our team and markets.
- Track & synthesize ongoing trends in social media to ensure we are best in class (in the retail sphere, shoe industry, among direct competitors, etc.)
- Benchmark channel performance and initiatives within the apparel and shoe industry.
- Develop and manage digital reporting for SoMe
- Social Studio out-of-the-box and custom reporting
- Google Analytics and BI tools to drive channel insights
- Reporting and testing of sale driven activities and consumer listening on SoMe.
- Identify trends and opportunities to drive marketing strategies.
- Develop monthly reports on key social media KPIs
- Produce listening and engagement reports for internal and external teams to fuel insight development
- Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, operational reports that lead to optimization and efficiency in performance
- Work cross-functionally to execute campaigns 360:
- Collaborate and plan ad-hoc social posts and project requests from PR, Influencer, Wholesale, Retail, etc
- Support digital & retail team with additional or ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative projects including competitive tracking, CRM matching and promotional analysis.
- Responsible for identifying a quarterly/annual budget for SoMe activities and managing the budget focused on ROI
- Make informed & timely decisions based on trends, listening and reporting to adapt strategies for greater engagement and reduce potential risk for ECCO
- Test new content opportunities that represent and elevate the brand and/or target consumer experience through social.
- Work cross functionally to align data and tools across campaign performance, consumer engagement and other teams to allow for ease in reporting and future integration
- Create long-term road map for the online community while fostering and growing the activities and relationships with participants
- Degree in Marketing Communications or related training required
- 7-10 years Experience in Marketing communications, community management or related field
- 5+ years of experience in working with Digital (e-commerce, Social Media, Digital/interactive Marketing)
- Is results-oriented with strategic ability. Must be able to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Must be an able to function in fast-paced environment and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Passion for all things digital, with an appetite to learn new skills and keep up with digital trends and innovation
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills mandatory
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Has strong attention to details, organization and process
- Demonstrated ability to organize and structure concrete and abstract ideas in verbal and written communication for a broad audience base from digitally savvy to non-digital business partners
- Teach, develop and coach:
- A demonstrated ability to inspire and educate business users on complex systems and tools in a manner which empowers and ensures future success
- Ability to be patient and flexible by adapting coaching style to a variety of users with varying levels of technical skills and for whom English may not be their first language
- Develop training materials for new users/markets and continually evolve and elevate the content and complexity of training for advanced digital business users
What we offer
A challenging and diverse position in an international and informal work environment. You will work closely with the team to achieve the business objectives. Within the team collaboration and open communication is very important and your ideas and input will be highly appreciated. We will support you on your development where needed.