Do you have strong experience as a front-end developer, and do you love to take on challenging tasks working with various stakeholders? Then the Growth and Experience Development team is looking for you!
As a Senior Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for the development of complex front-end systems for our various internal and external customer facing platforms. You will be working on exciting new projects where you will get a chance to build things from scratch to finish and take full ownership of what you have delivered. Also, you will investigate issues and fix bugs. You will be expected to collaborate with other highly skilled and highly motivated team members and colleagues across the organization.
ECCO is a leading company in the footwear industry with the reputation of a global manufacturer of high-quality, comfortable, state-of-the-art footwear. ECCO’s innovative approach, which can be found throughout the value chain, from hide to high street, combined with the aim of being excellent in everything they do, is what makes ECCO stand out as a company. You are offered a role with the possibility to impact and add significant value to ECCO’s challenging growth plans.
- Being hands-on with front-end development technologies and writing clean, readable and component-based code using modern approaches
- Ensuring that your code runs seamlessly across different devices and browsers
- Taking initiative in researching and documenting findings related to adoption of new technologies and performing PoCs if necessary
- Follow and encourage other team members to adopt industry recognized best practices
- Active involvement throughout the development and deployment lifecycle and help creating build tools if needed
- Guiding junior members of the team and helping them find solutions to problems
- Proposing solutions keeping in view the overall system’s architecture
- Participation in Scrum events and providing help planning, refining and estimating front-end tasks
- Being open for quickly learning new technologies and tools
- Adapting to changing requirements and embracing feedback
- Creating and maintaining concise technical and detailed user documentation
- Working with Product Owners, Solutions Architects and other stakeholders for defining sound achievable technical solutions
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the management
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent
- 4+ years of relevant experience in building and maintaining complex front-end systems or applications
- Very good knowledge of modern technologies like Vue.js and React.
- Passion to write clean, reusable, modular and high-performance code
- Have a good understanding of UI design, Usability and Accessibility
- Strong knowledge and development experience for Accessibility and SEO
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
- Experience with GIT and Git Flow
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum based team
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver in tight deadlines if required
- Ability to quickly grasp existing code, debug and extend features
- Must have a basic understanding of backend systems, web services and cloud technologies
- Ability to write, read and speak English proficiently
- Experience of working in an e-commerce environment
• Knowledge of working with cloud platforms
• Experience in developing for Accessibility is a big plus
• Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Service Cloud or Marketing Cloud is preferred
- Possession of Dutch working entitlements is required. Please note: This role does not provide relocation assistance.
What we offer
In the Growth and Experience Development team, we shape how ECCO is perceived as a brand across various digital channels and we strive on creating the foundations on which the enriched online experience can be delivered to our valuable customers. Each day, we work together to ensure that the underlying technology remains performing and we keep delivering high quality features in a continuous fashion. We work in an agile way so when things change, we are ready to adapt and ensure we are able to deliver with the same quality and commitment. So, join us in our journey towards shaping the future of ECCO as a digital brand.
Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on www.enter.ecco.com.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.