This is an excellent opportunity to partner with a recognised and global player within shoe production and sales. The role will allow you to establish lasting relationships within a dynamic, ambitious and global company. You will be a proactive and central player in a strong, multinational office.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the correctness, completeness and timeliness of the monthly reporting of Actuals (MBR), in accordance with ECCO GAAP and internal procedures and, among others: tax compliance matters, annual statutory reporting, including supporting the external audit process, statistical reporting etc.
The Financial Controller is able to signal opportunities for and participate in process improvement and new process implementation projects.
ECCO´s vision is to be the leading premium brand for shoes and leather goods.
Now ECCO also wants to beleading within transactional finance.
Join ournew Global Business Service (GBS) organization in Amsterdam and help us build the best in class global Finance function that is technologically sound, future proof and can react quickly to ever-changing demands.
Establishing the GBS is a global project, where all transactional accounting processes are gathered into regional Business Centre’s in Americas, Europe, Asia/Pacific and China.
The European Business Centre is based in Warsaw and Amsterdam where 70 dedicated accountants and specialists provide bookkeeping and accounting services for more than 30 European ECCO companies.
Some career choices have more impact than others. When you join ECCO, you become part of a global family where we value people who do things differently. BE DIFFERENT AND FIT IN!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Monthly closing activities: correctness, completeness and timeliness of the monthly reporting of Actuals (MBR) in accordance with ECCO GAAP and internal procedures
- Coordinate with various departments (both finance and non-finance, across multiple countries) to ensure financial records are accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Monthly analysis and reporting. Analysing, explaining and substantiating deviations
- Manage and comply local reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Compliance around VAT, CIT and other taxes, where required supported by external advisors, and advising the business on such matters
- Preparation and finalisation of annual statutory reporting, including supporting the external audit process
- Participating and prepare for internal audits
- Statistical reporting and internal/external reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Signal opportunities for and participate in process improvements and new process implementation projects
- Utilising updated technologies and lead projects for Robotics and automation
- Setting up and implementing financial processes
- Ensure accounting consistency and integrity in accordance with ECCO policies
- Develop and maintain effective communication, interaction, and excellent relationship with the GL accounting team based in Warsaw, Poland
- Support Financial Control Manager
- Train less experienced team members
We are looking for a structured and communicative team player with an accurate and pro-active approach. You are a detail-oriented analyst with a thorough and stable personality.
What we need from you is:
- A Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional Accounting Qualification (such as ACCA/CPA) or country equivalent education is pre
- At least 3 years of experience, either as a (Junior) Financial Controller
- Thorough understanding and ownership of all aspects of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and ability to advise business on such matters
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), any other language is a plus
- Experience with and ability to advise on compliance around VAT, CIT and other taxes, where required supported by external advisors
What do we offer
- An international, informal work environment in our brand new office in Amsterdam Zuid-Oost
- Competitive salary
- 25 holidays + 5 collective days
- Being part of a big global project within ECCO with growth opportunities to develop yourself
- Opportunity to work closely with our GL Accountant team (based in Poland)
- 2 free pairs of ECCO shoes per year
- 50% discount on 10 pairs of ECCO shoes or ECCO accessories per year
- Flexible work schedule in which you will be able to work on average 40% from home
- Working from home allowance
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter. Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.