Who are we looking for?
As Sales manager, based in Milan, you are responsible for all sales related business for the South Region of ECCO. You take an active part in building the region as an integral part of our business in Europe. As the region is ready to expand, you can create a lot of impact in your role.
You know and follow the shoes distribution and activities of the competition with key accounts to ensure our position in the industry.
You are responsible for maximizing sales and profitability and achieve the targeted growth for key national customer portfolio within the shoes distribution in Italy, France and Malta.
The candidate should take overall responsibility for all activities within the account portfolio and work closely with other internal departments in order to achieve targets.
• Achieve maximum penetration as per agreed target (main, full price-, off price repeat) and strategy.
• Operate as the lead point of contact and responsible for the day-to-day management for all matters specific for the key accounts
• Generate commercial activities for higher sell through. Evaluate the effectiveness of the commercial activities and make recommendations for opportunities and improvement.
• Analyzing sales reports combined with understanding the market situation.
• Create and implement strategic and operational business plans by providing information on sales forecasts, product selection/buys and needs on product level for key accounts.
• Provide regular, timely and accurate updates on sales activities to the general manager
• Proactively use network and experience to create incremental business for the assigned areas of responsibility
Tasks and day to day business
Achieve agreed sales targets by pro-active proposals (suggested buy) toward key accounts based on the sales reports.
Effectively track accounts status by maintaining detailed information for each account.
Ensure optimum implementation of the quarterly selling, based on the delivery window for shoes and accessories
You will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs
Credit risk management within own area. Provide advice and information to assist the company to set and review credit risk levels.
Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customers relationship
Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs (SWOT) and objectives
Communicate clearly the progress of the retail visits and initiatives to internal stakeholders via salesforce
Own and execute growth plans within the shoes segment.
Work closely with agents in the markets
Share market needs with product departments in regional and global product management.
Deliver the business plan for growing existing customers and generate incremental sales with new accounts.
Education : Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in sales, account management or retail management
Experience: 5-6 years of experience in key account management
• Proven key account management or other relevant experience
• Excellent knowledge of the Italian market and distribution
• Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
• Excellent listening and negotiation skills
• Able to run reporting and great analytical-financial skills
• Result oriented
• English, verbal and written communication skills. French is a pre.
• Advanced ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and requests
Possession of Italian/European working entitlements is required.
Are you ready to join us?
We offer a Sales Manager role in which you are at the heart of our changing organization. You are an important part of pushing our internal organization to the next step.
ECCO is a leading shoe company that is known all around the globe. With 350+ stores across Europe and international support functions, we offer you a dynamic work environment. we offer a competitive salary, two free pairs of ECCO shoes per year and a 50% discount on 10 ECCO products.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.