European Trade Marketing Coordinator
Are you a shoe lover with an eye for detail, with experience in a marketing role? Then we have just the job for you! You are offered a role with the possibility to impact and add value to the challenging growth plans of the Danish shoe brand ECCO.
ECCO aims to become the world’s leading footwear brand, and as such has a focus on developing and presenting industry leading marketing to targeted consumers around the globe.
Within the Amsterdam Regional HQ, the European Trade Marketing Coordinator is responsible for providing support towards ECCO’s European markets with the goal of achieving excellence in trade marketing activity with our key partners. This requires a strong communication flow towards markets, global HQ and other key stakeholders, supporting the implementation of consistent processes, and supporting and monitoring of trade marketing activities to ensure compliance with approved marketing plans (online and offline) and approved budgets and targets.
Critical to success is a strong working relationship with Global Marketing and the Sub Regional Marketing teams. The role is based in the ECCO Europe office in Amsterdam, and reports into the Regional Marketing Manager for Core Europe.
Who are you?
ECCO is a workplace where curiosity and playfulness are appreciated! We believe that you, like us, are not afraid to think of new or come up with innovative ideas. We are looking for you with the ability to collaborate, build lasting relationships and create internal networks. You have a business attitude, with an obvious passion for shoes and (Dutch) market awareness. Here are some typical traits that describe you well:
- You have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide and diverse audience
- You have a proactive approach and focus on engaging and assisting key stakeholders
- You have strong influencing skills, including the ability to work across different functional areas
- You are a creative person, with an eye for the latest market trends
- You understand the importance of prioritizing and planning, and appreciate to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Support the development and implementation of consistent processes and trade marketing plans across the different ECCO Europe markets.
- Track and monitor Marketing investment and local market activities on a monthly basis and provide KPI and ROI report per campaign. Share best practice across markets
- Assist the Regional Marketing Manager in developing a strong Wholesale Point of Sale package in collaboration with Global Marketing
- Support the Regional Marketing Manager in developing a strong digital Wholesale package in collaboration with Global Digital
- Handle daily sub-regional marketing requests (West, North, Central and Pan European accounts - trade marketing focus) by coordinating the daily communication with Global HQ in Denmark
- Develop B2B newsletter templates for Europe in alignment with the European commercial calendar and following market tiering strategy and product offering
- Work closely with the Regional Marketing Manager to coordinate day-to-day activities that leads to the completion of brand projects and tasks. E.g. key city initiatives
- Work closely with the counterparts in KRM (Europe Retail) to align plans and maximize media spend on SoMe channels based on commercial calendars and activities with key accounts
You have excellent written and verbal communication (both Dutch and English) and interpersonal skills. You are self-motivated, confident, energetic, driven and determined. Finally, you have a creative, innovative, hands-on and goal oriented mind-set and a self-disciplined approach to achieve results.
What we need from you is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other relevant degree
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a trade marketing position, within an international environment, preferably within the shoes or fashion industry
- Strong analytical and marketing planning skills
Experience working in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Dutch (written and spoken) is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel. PowerPoint)
- The office is based in Amsterdam, but requires occasional travelling within Europe
What do we offer you?
You are offered a job at a leading shoe company that is known all around the globe. With over 30 nationalities, the EMEA Regional Headquarter offers you a dynamic work environment. Beginning of 2020 we will be moving to a new, state-of-the art office which provides an inspiring place to work. Also, we offer a competitive salary, two free pairs of ECCO shoes per year and a 50% discount on 10 ECCO products.
ECCO’s innovative approach, which can be found throughout our value chain, from hide to high street combined with the aim of being excellent in everything we do, is what makes us stand out as a company. Adding sincere commitment where diversity and personal development take pride of place demonstrates why more than 21,000 employees around the world prefer ECCO as their employer.
To be considered please send us your resume and cover letter. You must be already resident in the Netherlands and in possession of full EEA working entitlements.