The Payroll/HRIS Specialist will ensure timely and accurate payroll administration, effective management of payroll-related compliance requirements, and delivery of reports to support business decisions. To be achieved through optimization and ownership of systems, use of business intelligence and data management tools/processes, and a solution-oriented approach and mindset.
As our Payroll/HRIS Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Full payroll responsibility for ECCO USA, including payroll processing, time & attendance tasks, PTO plan management, wage garnishments, unemployment, deduction recovery, etc.
- Lead HRIS administrator (upgrades, best practices, functionality) and super-user (payroll, BI/reporting, system administration).
- Responsible for payroll-related compliance (federal and state) activities (wage & hour, tax, etc.), system updates and research as needed.
- Preparation and/or filing of various company and government reports.
- Coordinate all payroll-related tax matters; ensure proper employee and employer tax setup, support timely filings, complete weekly and quarterly balancing, research and resolve fall-outs/discrepancies.
- Act as key point of contact with HRIS vendor, maintaining an effective relationship that ensures priority service and accountability to system performance and services.
- In partnership with Finance and/or audit teams, contribute to annual and ad hoc audit processes as needed (provide reports, respond to inquiries, etc.).
- Support of annual compensation activities (merit increases, bonus payouts, salary surveys) and ad hoc compensation projects.
- Ensure ongoing development/updating of payroll-related policies and procedures, both within HRIS and following standard HR/payroll documentation processes.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of EDI feeds from HRIS to various carriers and systems.
- Processing weekly 401k contributions, ensuring timely investment into participant accounts and balancing to payroll records.
- Assist in development of annual personnel budgets (and related YEP processes).
- Drive various process improvement and efficiency initiatives, with an emphasis on automation wherever possible.
- Cross-train in various other HR function tasks/activities to provide back-up support as needed.
- Support of HR department initiatives and programs as needed.
If you have…
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field – or equivalent work experience.
- American Payroll Association (APA) membership preferred.
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and/or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a payroll/HRIS role, preferably within a multi-location, multi-state organization.
- Experience in a wholesale and/or retail organization preferred.
- Superior attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
- Natural inclination to take ownership and hold oneself accountable, with a solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally (both verbally and written).
- Ability to prioritize work and adjust priorities as needed, with strong organization and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Exhibits a service-mindset in all interactions with internal and external contacts.
- Experience with Ultimate Software/Kronos (UKG) strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP HR a plus.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
…we want to hear from you!
Imagining yourself at ECCO?
Review this position and other US jobs at www.eccousacareers.com
For international opportunities, please click here to access our global career site
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.