ECCO Leather develops highly progressive leathers for ECCO shoes and some of the industry’s most iconic contemporary designers and brands. With a main tanning facility in The Netherlands, ECCO Leather also operates award-winning facilities across Europe, Southeast Asia and the Far East.
Working for ECCO Leather is special. We attach great importance to our values of innovation, excellence, heritage and care. But at the heart of all our values lies passion. We embody passion for making leather in everything we do.
Our vision is to be the preferred supplier of high quality, premium leather to the shoe, leather and soft goods industries.
The Head office is in Dongen, The Netherlands, where we have Production, R&D, Innovation, Design and Sales together with the staff functions Finance, IT and HR, for the entire Leather Group.
The ECCO Leather Design Studio develops & designs our leather collection.
Responsible for Designing Innovative & Commercial Leathers. The developments are either a briefing from sales or based on the Studio’s & the Designers own ideas and insights.
Who are you?
ECCO is a workplace where curiosity and playfulness are appreciated! We believe that you, like us, are not afraid to think out of the box, and come up with innovative ideas.
Here are some skills that you possess:
• Creativity, innovation & out of the box thinking.
• Attention to detail.
• Driven & passionate about Material Design.
• Team player.
• Good communication skills.
• Customer focused.
• Analytical skills.
• Customer friendly.
• Willing and able to travel to national and international locations.
• Good time management skills.
• Monitor and stay informed on relevant Global developments including fashion trends & forecasts for footwear, leather goods & soft goods (electronics), interior etc. and in the material industry (textiles, leather, techniques, other…).
• Visit (international) relevant fairs, suppliers, museums, shops, ECCO facilities & offices worldwide.
• Develop concepts for leather designs, including visuals & samples to present for internal approval.
• Develop leather products and designs, manually and by use of all relevant and available tools including internal R&D facilities- & external facilities (if needed).
• Contribute to balanced collections by look and price/quality ratio.
• Execute small production experiments and develop recipes, in collaboration with leather technician.
• Produce leather samples & final master skins.
• Hand over the master skins and recipes to R&D, answer questions and find joint solutions for problems.
• Present collections (visuals and samples) to sales and customers & make adjustments to designed collections if required.
• Contribute and participate in ECCO Leather events; provide input and product information to marketing (storytelling, promotion videos and presentation of products).
• Represent the organization on promotion events, fairs and workshops
• Bachelor or master’s degree from an acknowledged creative institution.
• Min 1-2 years’ experience in a similar industry.
• Willing and able to follow relevant courses and education.
• Previous leather knowledge is an advantage.
Knowledge and experience:
• Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Advantage to have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Good written and spoken English.
What do we offer you?
You are offered a job at a leading company that is known all around the globe. With over 30 nationalities, the ECCO Leather tannery in Dongen, offers you a dynamic & innovative, work environment. With our array of clients, you will
be exposed to the leather market within footwear, leather & soft goods.
To be considered please send us your resume and cover letter. You must be already resident in the Netherlands and in possession of full EEA working entitlements.