“To be considered; you must include a CV and a letter of Motivation. Applications without the requested documents will not be considered."
ECCO is a leading company in the footwear industry with the reputation of a global manufacturer of high-quality, comfortable, state-of-the-art footwear. ECCO’s innovative approach, which can be found throughout the value chain, from hide to high street, combined with the aim of being excellent in everything they do, is what makes ECCO stand out as a company. You are offered a role with the possibility to impact and add significant value to ECCO’s challenging growth plans. Adding sincere commitment where diversity and personal development take pride of place demonstrates why more than 20,000 employees around the world prefer ECCO as their employer.
We are seeking a Junior Back-End Developer to work at our office in Amsterdam. This role will be strongly involved in the development process with our technical teams, explore solutions with our architects, and help our product owners with technical discussions. This position will require strong knowledge in Java, best practices for coding, how to work in GitFlow branching strategies, and the willingness to learn additional technologies around SalesForce.
- Work with different development and QA teams to code, test and verify projects through development process
- Update internal documentation when new tools are available or updates to code integrations are made.
- Create code in modular blocks to help with reusability across teams.
- Provide documentation that addresses what core functionality and / or capability is being provided in each version of a product that is being delivered. Release notes, manuals and or commenting of code will be provided for all custom development including new features, changes and fixed bugs
- Provide end-user documentation to include how-to guides, training guides, and frequently asked questions (FAQs). documentation shall be delivered in the form of portal wikis or other easily accessible platforms
- Contribute to back end build process
- Assist with deployment of production code
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management
- Test code to assure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results with appropriate documentation of testing results
- 4 year university degree or equivalent
- 2+ years experience with back-end technologies
- Must have a passion for clean semantic markup, with an attention to detail
- Able to work fast and under pressure to digest thoughts/ideas, assess issues, and fix bugs
- Passionate about web standards, back-end development and building new features with back-end technologies
Familiarity with CI/CD, e-Commerce platforms and Scrum and agile
- Knowledge of SalesForce systems (Commerce, Marketing, Service Clouds)
- Experience in Accessibility is preferred
- Good understanding of UI design and Usability
- SalesForce certification a plus, together with familiarity with SAAS, AZURE and AWS
Please note: This role does not provide relocation assistance. Possession of EEA working entitlements is required.