ECCO offers a great opportunity for a driven, pro-active and highly organised individual, ready to take on a new challenge as part of the Global Merchandising team based in Amsterdam.
The Global Merchandising Planner works with the Global Wholesale and Omni-channel businesses to maximise opportunity, challenging the sales and profitability both in season and for future planning periods.
As Merchandising/DTC Planner you will review the buying process, assessing all key Planning & Merchandising KPI’s ensuring that they meet objectives, working with other members of the DTC team and working in close collaboration with the Regions and Omni-channel.
You will be responsible for producing and delivering strong analytical business reporting both for trading the business and future seasons, ensuring accuracy and a consistent and aligned approach across the entire business.
Furthermore, you will
- Build a strong network across the Regions, Departments and within the internal team to maximise effectiveness and impact.
- Work with the Merchandising planning calendar to ensure that all business functions are aware and deliver information to deadlines to support the decision making.
- Produce and review sales and space analysis of past and current seasons, identifying opportunity and trends that can support the Regions, Omni-channel and overall company in meeting its objectives.
- Conduct planning meeting for future buying periods with multiple business areas, challenging and presenting opporuntities ensuring at all times plans meet business KPI’s and budgeted targets from Finance.
- Create business roll-ups of future seasons to ensure transparency for Merchandising team, and ensure new Sales and Buying Plans are accurate in all systems.
- During the buy, monitor the actual buys verses planned targets, key product is selected (Marketing / Volume Drivers), to ensure they are in line with business parameters, raising exceptions to business areas and escalating to senior management if required.
- In season, produce weekly reporting packs to business areas, highlighting potential opportunities and challenges to maximise Sales, OTB, Profitability and Inventory position, and to support the development of future collections.
- Conduct Trading meetings and work with the Regions and Omni-channel team to review performance, and agree actions to optimise the business.
- Monitor product warehouse inflow and outbound to ensure that Regions and Omni-Channel teams are informed of developments and actions that are needed to ensure strong visual standards.
- Review NOS performance monthly to ensure that the business has complete availability across all products and SKU’s
- Visit the Market stores as needed to evaluate collections, and get feedback from store managers and consumers to enhance the product proposition going forward.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
To succeed in this position, you need a strong pro-active mindset and analytical skills, ready to provide valuable insight to senior stakeholders across the business. Furthermore, you have
- a relevant business degree
- approximately 3 - 5 years Retail relevant experience in Merchandise Planning, Merchandising or Allocation.
- you are familiar with merchandise management system and processes
- You are a strong intercultural communicator, capable to advise and challenge with a flexible approach
- you bring commercial experience and analytical skills, with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organisation.
- Highly organised and detailed in approach
- Strong team player who can gain and foster cross functional support
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload and time manage effectively
- You are fluent in English (Written & Verbal), other languages are an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Willingness to travel globally
- Possession of Dutch working entitlements is required. This role does not provide relocation assistance.
Are you ready to join us?
If you want to drive innovation and help shape the industry, then seize this exciting opportunity. Join our international team of experts and shape your own future.
Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on www.enter.ecco.com.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.