This is an excellent opportunity to partner with a recognised and global player within shoe production and sales. The role will allow you to establish lasting relationships within a dynamic, ambitious and global company. You will be a proactive and central player in a strong, multinational office.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the correctness, completeness and timeliness of the monthly reporting of Actuals (MBR), in accordance with ECCO GAAP and internal procedures and, among others: tax compliance matters, annual statutory reporting, including supporting the external audit process, statistical reporting etc.
The Financial Controller is able to signal opportunities for and participate in process improvement and new process implementation projects.
ECCO´s vision is to be the leading premium brand for shoes and leather goods.
Now ECCO also wants to be leading within transactional finance.
Join our new Global Business Service (GBS) organization in Amsterdam and help us build the best in class global Finance function that is technologically sound, future proof and can react quickly to ever-changing demands.
Establishing the GBS is a global project, where all transactional accounting processes are gathered into regional Business Centre’s in Americas, Europe, Asia/Pacific and China.
The European Business Centre is based in Warsaw and Amsterdam where 70 dedicated accountants and specialists provide bookkeeping and accounting services for more than 30 European ECCO companies.
Some career choices have more impact than others. When you join ECCO, you become part of a global family where we value people who do things differently. BE DIFFERENT AND FIT IN!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Monthly closing activities: correctness, completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the monthly reporting in accordance with ECCO GAAP, deadlines and internal procedures
- Coordinate with various departments (both finance and non-finance, across multiple countries) to ensure financial records are accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Monthly analysis and reporting. Analyzing, explaining and substantiating deviations
- Close collaboration with GL and Retail Accounting departments and making sure that the closing process runs efficiently;
- Compliance around local reporting, tax fillings, VAT, CIT and other taxes, where required supported by external advisors, and advising the business function on such matters
- Statistical reporting and internal/external reporting
- Preparation, coordination and finalization of annual statutory reporting and external audits
- Participating and prepare for internal audits
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Supporting Business Control in Budgeting and Forecasting processes
- Continuous improvement initiatives and coordination the standardization and harmonization agenda in R2R area (together with GPO and other GBS departments)
- Identifying opportunities regarding robotics and process automation
- Setting up and implementing enhanced financial processes
- Ensure accounting consistency and integrity in accordance with ECCO policies
- Develop and maintain effective communication, interaction, and excellent relationship with the accounting teams based in Warsaw, Poland
- Support to Financial Control Team Leader
- Act as trainer/ coach for junior team members
We are looking for a structured and communicative team player with an accurate and pro-active approach. You are a detail-oriented analyst with a thorough and stable personality.
What we need from you is:
- A Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional Accounting Qualification (such as ACCA/CPA) or country equivalent education is pre
- At least 3 years of experience, either as a (Junior) Financial Controller
- Thorough understanding and ownership of all aspects of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and ability to advise business on such matters
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), any other language is a plus
- Experience with and ability to advise on compliance around VAT, CIT and other taxes, where required supported by external advisors
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter. Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.