What we are looking for
For our Moulds & Lasts Business Unit (EPIKO Portugal) we are searching for a Head of Sole and Mould Department.
The Sole and Mould Department is responsible to engineer sole construction, deliver fast prototypes, create mould constructions, and deliver finished moulds in order to produce prototypes and bulk production for ECCO units and External Customers.
Furthermore, to provide technical advice to designers during the design phase and align expectations to all customers.
It is also a mission for this department to continuously seek for innovation to build the capabilities to develop DIP shoemaking and ability to create DIP products with new functionalities, look and feel, providing a strong support to all our customers.
As a Head of Sole and Mould Department you will be responsible for managing the daily operations; for driving productivity and process improvements in manufacturing. Is expected that you optimize processes, improvement on efficiency and focus on innovation. It is also expected that you give a direct and strong support to the management on a strategic level cooperating on the company growth.
- Overall responsible for the Sole and Mould Development.
- Ensuring that all handling related to development of moulds is conducted including documentation, coordination, and administrational tasks.
- Responsible for creating a strong organization in his/her department, ensuring the right people in the right positions, and for setting the right team framework fit for the future.
- Actively seek and identify cost reduction activities in all areas in cooperation with colleagues and management.
- University Degree (Technical Engineering)
- 3 – 5 years industrial environment experience
- Leadership and communication skills
- Engineering and machinery oriented - layout, efficiency, automation etc
- Innovative thinking, sound engineering principles, and continuous improvement tools and methodologies, including Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Open minded and willing to learn
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility and available to travel
Is a plus:
- Understanding of DIP technology
- Understanding of the full shoemaking process, the components, and its interdependencies
- Know-how in 2D and 3D construction
- Project Management
EPIKO FOOTWEAR SOLUTIONS,
Rua Francisco Rocha, 134,
4520-605 S. João de Vêr,
Santa Maria da Feira, Portugal
Are you ready for your next challenge?
Send us your application!
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate, and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 21,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.