Chemical Engineer to join our Applied Research Team
Located at the ECCO Leather HQ in Dongen, we are looking for a Chemical Engineer to join our team in Applied Research in a newly generated position.
Applied Research ECCO is looking into sustainable solutions reducing water consumption, solid waste & energy within the Tannery. For the processes were water is required we would like to close the water loop, and thereby reducing Energy Consumption & Solid Waste. Needless to say within the same Leather Quality Performance ECCO Leather stands for. This in order to reduce our environmental impact in alignment with our Company Sustainability Targets.
We are looking for someone to analyze the water and waste streams of our Tanneries. Once a potential Technology is identified to run a small scale Pilot Plant including executing analyzes on all streams.
Daily tasks include:
• Sampling and analyzing waste and waste streams
• Run Pilot Plants to:
- Clean and recover water
- Improve Energy Recovery and Solid Waste Reduction
• Self-initiate adjustments and solutions to problems that arise
- Tackle challenges on the Pilots
- Based on learnings be part of the Design phase for a Full Scale Solution thinking off:
• Communicate & Follow up with Maintenance department.
• Communication of relevant findings to multidisciplinary team and other internal & external stakeholders.
Who we need:
For you to succeed in this position it is important that you are a hands-on professional with a chemical background passionate about process innovation in a production environment.
Additional, you need to be:
• A strong communicator written & verbally
• Strong team-work spirit
• Open mind-set, Positive and Flexible
• Self-driven and a self-starter
• Hands-on and “can do” mentality
• Good at problem Solving
• Innovative / Creative Thinker
• Strong urge to deliver
• Ambitious and eager to prove yourself
• Organized in the way you arrange your work.
• Precise and structured.
As this position is very specialized, we envision a background as
• Minimum Bachelor or Master Degree Chemical Engineer
o Environmental & Energy Management
o Water Technology
o Anaerobic Treatment Plants
• Preferred within the field of Waste Water Treatment and Energy Recovery plants, no must.
• Preferred 3-5 years of experience in related field, no must.
What We offer:
Besides dynamic team of colleagues and joining our amazing ECCO Leather family, we also offer you:
• A salary that fits your experience
• End of year allowance of 2,1% of your gross year salary.
• An excellent retirement fund of which 2/3rd is paid by ECCO.
• At least 25 holidays and 4,5 ATV days when working on fulltime basis.
• Discount on your health insurance and an WIA-hiaat insurance (for long term illness).
• Two annual company parties for all employees (Under normal circumstances).
Are you ready for your next challenge?
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply.
For additional information, you can reach out to us. Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on enter.ecco.com.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate, and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.