Chemical Engineer to join our Applied Research Team
Located at the ECCO Leather HQ in Dongen, we are looking for a Chemical Engineer to join our team in Applied Research in a newly generated position.
Applied Research ECCO is looking into sustainable solutions reducing water consumption, solid waste & energy within the Tannery. With the new High Pressure Autoclave arriving soon we want to achieve an alternative solution for conventional water processes in the Tannery. Reducing Water & Solid Waste. Needless to say within the same Leather Quality Performance ECCO Leather stands for.
We are looking for someone to screen the chemicals, parameters and design the process order for the scCO2 Machine able to drive & communicate with all internal & external stakeholders.
Daily tasks include:
- scCO2 High Pressure Autoclave = Pilot R&D Scale
- Chemical Screening: Solubility in scCO2 & Performance
- Parameter / Settings
- Structuring Process Steps
- Communicate & Follow up with Leather Chemical / Physical Laboratories regarding Leather Quality Test Results.
- Communication of relevant findings to team and other stakeholders
- Self-initiate adjustments and solutions to problems that arise.
Who we need:
For you to succeed in this position it is important that you are a strong communicator, team oriented and very organized in the way you arrange your work. You need to be precise and structured.
Additional, you need to be:
- A strong communicator
- Self-driven and a self-starter
- Hands-on and “can do” mentality
- Good at problem Solving
- Innovative / Creative Thinker
- Strong team-work spirit
- Strong urge to deliver
- Ambitious and eager to prove yourself
As this position is very specialized, we envision a background as
- Chemical Engineer (preferable M.Sc. level from 4TU: Delft, Eindhoven, Twente + Wageningen)
- Molecular Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Process Technology Engineering
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience in related field, no must.
What We offer:
Besides dynamic team of colleagues and joining our amazing ECCO Leather family, we also offer you:
- A salary that fits your experience
- End of year allowance of 2,1% of your gross year salary.
- An excellent retirement fund of which 2/3rd is paid by ECCO.
- At least 25 holidays and 4,5 ATV days when working on fulltime basis.
- Discount on your health insurance and an WIA-hiaat insurance (for long term illness).
- Two annual company parties for all employees (Under normal circumstances).
Are you ready for your next challenge?
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply.
For additional information, you can reach out to us. Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on enter.ecco.com.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate, and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.