ECCO Europe in Switzerland, Zug, is looking for a driven and analytical business controller, who strives in a fast paced environment and is able to manage multiple systems and complex data structures.
You will support the Head of Business Control - Europe in planning and monitoring business activities. Navigating an European setting with many stakeholders you will review and understand financial performance and support the entire organization with action-driven reporting and planning to understand and improve the business.
In more detail, your key responsibilities include:
- Perform review and analysis of monthly- and quarterly financial figures. Track actuals, conduct root cause analysis of deviations and establish plans to meet the financial goals in cooperation with regional business controllers.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis of commercial activities including scenario-analysis, customer, and store profitability analysis. Together with head of business control.
- Prepare and share presentations to management.
- Support in executing and producing reliable budgets and quarterly forecasts, including consolidation of regional figures for approval by the CFO and General Managers.
- Provide assistance and support the markets during the entire budget and forecast process.
- Assist stakeholders with preparation of presentations of Budget and Dynamic Forecasts.
- Deliver financial input for decision making to management as well as relevant reports and analysis. Support, challenge and work closely with internal stakeholders on how to optimise the business and improve profitability.
- Perform review and provide business feedback on payback calculations for both O&O as well as franchise/partner retail projects and wholesale customer performance.
- Support demand/supply/merchandising functions and the markets to ensure stock position- and contribution margins are optimised by analysing open to buy, sell-thru and controlling of prices.
- Together with Head of business controlling, develop a pragmatic approach/tools for analysing and measuring the use/profitability of marketing’s funds.
Analytical business controller with a strong stakeholder management skills
You have a positive attitude, team spirit and the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. You bring along a strong analytical skills, able to structure complex problems, summarize core findings and the capability to explain data and financial analysis.
Moreover, you bring a:
- Strong system understanding and ability to keep overview of complex data structures.
- Natural curiosity and drive to identify ways to challenge the status quo and improve business.
- University degree in Business Economics or related area.
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Control, Business Control or Business Analyst positions.
- Experience in retail/wholesale, consumer goods industry would be an advantage.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel is a must. Experience with SAP R3, SAP BPC, Microsoft Dynamics, Power BI are beneficial.
Become part of our global family
While we are based in Switzerland, we are part of a global organisation that offers opportunities to further develop, whether it be another role, function or location.
Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on www.enter.ecco.com.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.