Do you want to be part of a revolutionary journey at ECCO with the aim to future-proof our organisation? And in doing so, working across ECCO and Europe, both internally but also with external partners?
“You will be joining a new and smaller team, but with the potential to make a great impact when we look at reducing our production footprint across ECCO” says your new manager, Stojanka Petrusic, Lead of Circular Technologies.
Evolve the textile production at ECCO
Joining our HQ in Bredebro, Denmark, you will become part of our Applied Research ECCO department, within the area of Circular Technologies. The rest of the team is located in the Netherlands, but we still prioritise building and maintaining the team spirit, which is of course already influenced by the ECCO spirit of simply belonging. Our overall focus is on upcycling and recycling of waste and side streams from our leather and footwear production.
As our new textile engineer, you will enter into a new role where you have the freedom to impact the direction it takes. You will be working closely with both internal stakeholders in R&D, production, laboratories and design as well as external suppliers and partners on the journey of developing the textiles of the future.
You will be involved in a number of projects related to dyeing and finishing of a new generation of textile materials, on a yarn and fabric level. And overall, you can expect to spend your days:
- Developing and optimising novel yarns and fabrics and ensuring the quality
- Scouting new technologies related to finishing of yarns and fabrics
- Collaborating intensively with external parties from the textile industry
- Travelling to our site in Portugal as well as our office in the Netherlands to ensure that you are working hands-on with materials to guarantee the textile quality and learn about leather
You have a curious mindset and an industry network
You are a team player at heart, which motivates you to work with very different people and share ideas. At the same time, you have a keen interest in understanding new ways of doing things, so that you always look for optimisation possibilities.
We also imagine that you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in textile engineering
- Have experience in R&D in the textile industry, preferably with knitted/woven fabrics and finishing/dyeing
- Have a good technical knowledge of protein-based textile fibres, as well as an understanding of yarn spinning and weaving/knitting principles
- Are motivated to learn about leather and how to combine it with textiles
- Have a network in the textile industry, enabling you to identify the right partners for each project
A wide network and a chance to strongly influence the future of textiles at ECCO
This position offers a great opportunity to be part of something very new and innovative. At the same time, you also get to expand your network and develop your professional competencies when you deep-dive into brand new possibilities in the textile world.
Last, but not least, you will be part of a diverse workplace, with different cultures, perspectives and ideas than you can learn and grow from.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply.
For additional information, you can reach out to Stojanka Petrusic, lead of Circular Technologies, on +31 652021950.
Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on https://enter.ecco.com.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 21,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code - our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning - the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you´re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you´ll fit right in.