Are you an established practitioner of the latest web technologies? And would you like to bring your solid experience into play, improving the look and feel of our e-commerce websites?
Join our new Digital Hub to play a key role in our digital transformation. Here, you will become a central player in the development of responsive, adaptive and scalable digital solutions as you work alongside talented and energetic colleagues building best-in-class websites and web apps.
Lead the development of website and web apps
Joining us at our newly established Digital Hub in Carlsberg Byen, Copenhagen, you become part of a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team.
Doing so, you can look forward to working alongside highly skilled colleagues collaborating and delivering on the promises of heavily experiential UI designs, sharing a start-up mentality.
Stepping into this senior role, you will mentor junior developers as you lead the development of a range of solutions, including website and web apps. A such, you will need to acquire a thorough understanding of business needs and priorities by developing strong relationships with business owners. You will also champion effective technical decision-making by understanding business goals and objectives.
Moreover, you will need to:
- Minimise technical risk, ensure high-quality output and provide technical answers to solve problems
- Assure that policies and procedures are thoroughly developed, complied with and maintained, guaranteeing that workflow is consistent, cost-effective and efficient
- Promote continuous improvement by being analytical, proactive and pragmatic and by taking ownership of tasks
- Facilitate an implementation approach to achieve continuous integration, delivery and automation through the DevOps pipeline
Experienced front-end engineer with business acumen
You know how to set a clear direction, truly utilising your senior role. Also, you are the right fit for this job because you know how to navigate complex environments and have the ability to focus on business needs.
You are comfortable assessing the trade-offs of using different engineering solutions to tackle a problem, and you have a thorough understanding of Lean and Agile methodologies.
Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Bring a bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Have 5+ years of experience with development on large or complex code bases
- Are highly comfortable in working with the SPA/SSR/Jamstack concepts, and experienced with animation techniques (CSS, SVG, springs, canvas, etc.) and developing 3D experiences (ThreeJS, Unity, Blender, etc.)
- Are proficient in Git and its related tooling (branching flow, CLI commands, etc.)
- Have experience with GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jira and Confluence
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and good interpersonal skills
Be different and fit in
When you join ECCO, you become part of a global family where we value people who do things differently. The typical ECCO employee is always curious, never quite satisfied with the status quo and strives for excellence and superior quality in every single product.
Also, you will be joining a newly established and growing team of likeminded people. Acting as a centre of engineering excellence, we have all the tools and technologies needed to complete our tasks in the best and most innovative ways.
“We endeavour to embrace the aspects of a generative culture, which means that you can be sure that you’re listened to and included” concludes Paul Harris, IT Development Director.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply.
For additional information, you can reach out to Paul Harris, IT Development Director on +45 2018 8794.
Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on https://enter.ecco.com
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 21,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code - our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning - the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you´re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you´ll fit right in.