Can you help us build an outstanding cloud self-service data analytics platform that will deliver actionable insights on everything from consumer behaviour to pricing and supply chain?
Come join our innovative and fun-loving satellite start-up within ECCO. Here, you will become one of the main minds behind our future data lake and infrastructure set-up.
“You will get a broad mandate to experiment, innovate and immerse yourself into some of the newest technologies in the field.”
– Jakob Bentzon, Data Engineer and your new colleague.
At our office in Carlsberg Byen, Copenhagen, you will join 8 highly skilled colleagues in ECCO Advanced Analytics. We are responsible for leading our data science and data engineering initiatives and capabilities in the ECCO Group and drive an ambitious strategy to generate unique and actionable consumer, market and supply chain insights through data modelling, algorithms, and advanced analytics.
Right now, we need your help to expand our cloud self-service data analytics platform to ensure a data-driven culture in ECCO based on the single point of truth concept.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop a long-term data infrastructure strategy for the ECCO Group in close collaboration with ECCO’s designated data team
- Design, implement and operate stable, scalable, low-cost solutions to integrate data from production systems into a serverless data infrastructure with exposure to end-user facing applications
- Build cloud-based solutions and services (ranging from real-time analytics infrastructures to large footprint data infrastructures), data lake solutions, data warehouses, data models and BI solutions, hosted in Azure
- Set up and monitor data flows and pipeline processes (data integration, data models, real-time data pipeline, log alerts, etc.)
- Set up continuous integration and deployment environments in Azure DevOps
- Interface with cross-functional teams, gathering requirements and delivering data solutions (for advanced analytics algorithm, etc.), integrating data from a wide variety of sources using SQL and relevant big data technologies
- Encourage the organisation to adopt next-generation data architecture strategies, proposing both data flows and storage solutions
Qualifications and Work Experience:
You are self-driven and enjoy working in teams to solve challenges and develop the best solutions. Moreover, you communicate effortlessly in English and with your can-do mindset and strong problem-solving skills, you know how to find opportunities for optimisations. With your passion for technology, you like to explore and try our new approaches and technologies.
We also imagine that you:
- Have 5+ years of experience working with data engineering, data pipeline development, data modelling and data architecture
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science, data engineering or a related technical field
- Bring solid experience working with and operating large scale data warehouse, data lakes and building streaming data pipelines, using Big Data Technologies such as Spark
- Possess expert-level skills in writing SQL and have proficiency in Python and preferably C
- Are comfortable with bash scripting, Dockers and working in Linux environments
- Previously worked in Build Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Working with us, you will step into an innovative department founded as a satellite start-up unit in Copenhagen in 2017. We have a proven track record and engage with ECCO’s entire value chain, ranging from tanneries, production and sales channels to our end-consumers.
You will collaborate with motivated and fun-loving colleagues with an entrepreneurial spirit, a bias for action and sharing new ideas. To stay on top of things, your continued personal and professional development is essential to us. For that reason, we offer participation in internal and external courses, education and conferences supporting this development.
READY FOR YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply.
For additional information, you can reach out to René Matzen, Head of ECCO Advanced Analytics, on +45 23 73 10 12.
Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on www.enter.ecco.com.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.