Do you want to develop, build and deliver advanced data products to support data-driven decision making across the value chain of ECCO?
Join us at ECCO Advanced Analytics, located in Copenhagen, to help grow our advanced analytics platform and become one of the key enablers in our future setup. Making your mark on applied operations research and prescriptive analytics at ECCO will help strengthen the foundation for data science and analytics. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a bias for action. Given a broad mandate to explore, experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
You will join highly skilled colleagues in Advanced Analytics. We lead our advanced analytics initiatives and capabilities in the ECCO Group and drive an ambitious strategy to support the transformation to a data-driven organization using the leading business principles herein. You will report to the Advanced Analytics Team Lead and work out of our office at Carlsbergbyen in Copenhagen.
As a Operations Research Scientist, you will develop, implement and deploy tailor-made decision support applications for prescriptive analytics. You will be working with the leading cloud technologies, using the latest prescriptive analytics platform tools such as OR-Tools, Spark, and optimization solvers like SCIP and Gurobi.
In this role, you will:
- Meet with business area owners to understand the business challanges and translate those into mathematical optimization problems
- Design and build tailor-made optimization-based decision support applications, using appropriate toolchains and programming languages
- Solve large-scale mathematical optimization problems within acceptable operational time constraints
- Work closely with advanced data teams to productionalize solutions, ranging from real-time to strategic appplications
- Document mathematical optimization applications in accordance with business frameworks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
You are self-driven, resourceful and enjoy working in teams to solve challenges and develop the best solutions. With your creative, can-do mindset and strong problem-solving skills, you can find opportunities for improving operations research and prescriptive analytics in ECCO Advanced Analytics. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Hold a master's degree or higher in operations research, computer science, software engineering, applied mathematics or related fields
- Master optimization-based mathematical modelling and solving large-scale optimization formulations
- Have strong experience working in Python
- Have experience with optimization solvers such as Gurobi, CPLEX, SCIP or related tools
- Can translate diffuse and complex business requirements into functional criteria and actionable tasks
- Hold exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving environment
- Are effective in managing multiple priorities and conflicting requests to meet goals
- Hold strong oral and written communication skills, articulately communicating raw insights into plain language stakeholders can understand
We offer a challenging and varied job in an entrepreneurial setting in an international organization that is constantly developing. ECCO Advanced Analytics is a satellite start-up unit founded in Copenhagen in 2017 with a proven track record. We engage with ECCO's entire value chain, ranging from tanneries, production, sales channels to end-consumers. Our people are talented, resourceful and possess high-value personal qualities. We value and foster cooperation, initiative, open innovation, and new ideas in our informal and international environment. Work-life balance is key to us.
Your continued personal and professional development is essential to us, and we offer participation in internal and external courses, education and conferences supporting this development.
READY FOR YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
For additional information on this position, please don't hesitate to contact Janus J. Asmussen, +45 24 87 55 70.
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply through our site, https://enter.ecco.com. We will stop the search once the right candidate has shown up.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 21,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code - our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning - the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you´re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you´ll fit right in