Would you like to spearhead your own design team in a market-leading shoe company?
Then grab this opportunity to let your creativity flow at a brand with a strong design DNA and a rich history of innovation, craftmanship and technology.
At our Design Studio office in Tønder, you will take part in setting and deciding the creative design direction for the division, manage the design team and at the same time design your own new shoe concepts into the collection.
You will manage a team of 7 designers, leading, motivating and developing them and ensuring they are aware of their roles and responsibilities and reach their objectives.
Managing workloads and resources, you will ensure that seasonal concepts for the division meet the design brief and are aligned with the global collection and delivered on time. Among other tasks, you will:
- Define the vision and long-term collection plan together with the design director and category management directors.
- Work closely with the lead designer and design director as well as our commercial team to define the direction for the seasonal collections.
- Ensure that the team’s design product concepts meet ECCO’s design DNA and commercial needs, including a focus on selling price and costing.
- Design upper concepts and soles, collaborating with 2D pattern makers and 3D engineers and technicians when needed.
- Continuously align design developments and direction with the other teams and share resources when needed and to inspire.
- You should expect to travel around 40 days per year, primarily to the product development facility in Portugal, but also to go on inspirational trips and visit fairs in Europe.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
You are highly creative, yet never lose sight of commercial aspects and your managerial responsibilities. Your good communication skills enable you to collaborate efficiently with colleagues at all organisational levels. Furthermore, you enjoy taking the lead and are ready to develop, motivate and set a good example for your team. Finally, we imagine that you:
- Have several years’ experience as a shoe designer.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related area.
- Are able to organise and prioritise your own and the team’s workload to meet targets and deadlines.
- Have experience working with standard design tasks as well as demanding innovative projects.
- Have excellent skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Are proficient in English, both in speech and writing.
We offer a challenging and varied job in an international organisation that is constantly developing. ECCO is characterised by an informal environment, and we value dynamic cooperation, initiative and new ideas.
At ECCO, we have our own tanneries and factories as well as an advanced product development department. This gives you a unique opportunity to collaborate with colleagues to influence all aspects of the design process and try out new ideas.
Your continued personal and professional development is essential to us, and we offer participation in internal and external courses, education and conferences supporting this development. Information
ECCO is an international organisation with many nationalities in many countries. We aim at reflecting the same multicultural environment at our headquarters in Southern Jutland. All qualified applications are therefore very welcome, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, age or ethnical background.
For more information on this position, please contact Chief of Staff Tina Seirup Nielsen on +45 2027 7352. Please send your application and CV through our site, enter.ecco.com. Send your application as soon as possible as we stop the search when the right candidate shows up.