We are looking for an experienced Key Account Manager to add value to ECCO’s growth activities in Colombia and Central America by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing sales efforts. You will be responsible for managing existing sales and have strong emphasis on developing new sales in the Colombian market.
An excellent Key Account Manager has an entrepreneurial mindset and great sales skills from proven success and experience within the territory.
The goal is to promote and expand ECCO’s sales efforts and commercial actitivites that will position the brand aspirationally in Colombia and Central America, leading to sustainable growth.
Maximize sales, achieve growth, and provide quality service to ECCO customers while maintaining core company values.
Duties & Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating a comprehensive and aggressive program of sales activities for the Colombia and Central America market.
- Total P/L responsibility for the assigned region.
- Plan and implement sales forecasts, sales/marketing programs and activities to achieve and maximize sales volume and profits consistent with company objectives for the nation accounts.
- Ultimately responsible for all wholesales within the assign region, including training, performance coaching, adherence to ECCO standards, evaluations, etc.
Including but not limited to:
- Meet regularly with Territory Costumers for the purpose of exchanging information and ideas in order to make adjustments to sales plans as necessary.
- Develop specific, detailed seasonal business plans for each key account.
- Effectively track account status against sales plan by maintaining detailed information for each door.
- Provide a high level of leadership by example to create and maintain an effective working environment in territory, including high morale and high productivity.
- Consistently focus on expanding doors with regional marketing plans.
- Participate in product development – specific for the assign markets.
- Build and cultivate relationships within the ECCO group locally and globally.
- Represent and promote the company at trade association meetings and shows.
- Negotiate/mediate customer problems as necessary.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Review and monitor qualifications of new doors.
- Maintain current industry knowledge, including trends, concerns, etc.
- Develop and provide comprehensive training, guidance and supervision to the sales team assigned to the region, which is designed to achieve maximum customer service performance, efficiency, product knowledge, merchandising and selling techniques and to create an organization with excellent performance.
- Create goodwill and develop professional relationships with sales associates, buyers and owners to understand their business and develop methods to increase full price sales.
- Act as an ECCO Brand Ambassador at all times.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO's culture of passion, innovation and sustainability
JOB EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent successful work experience.
- Most have a deep knowledge of the Colombia Market.
- 6-8 years of wholesale experience.
- Shoe industry experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to resolve questions and problems with his/her supervisor, manage own workflow, meet deadlines and provide leadership and supervision to assigned Territory Manager, Field Sales and Senior Field Sales staff.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Must have the ability to present ideas, facts and technical information and respond to questions from groups of managers, sales persons and customers.
- Must possess excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must possess working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Ability to meet travel and attendance standards.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
- Must reside in Panama or Colombia.
Mobility & travel
- The position requires frequent travel