The Assistant Distribution Manager, 2nd Shift will be responsible for executing the plan provided by the planning team and ensure work is being processed through the Londonderry Distribution Center (DC) to meet operational targets and meet customer/consumer order dates. Ensure the DC staff meet the daily/weekly, individual and group targets per the plan. Effectively manage the headcount, training, and employee relations issues to ensure the team is executing in a cohesive and efficient manner.
As our Assistant Distribution Manager, 2nd Shift, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the team meets agreed upon service levels for all e-Commerce, Wholesale and Retail customers.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of all operations pertaining to the distribution center and assist with training employees as needed.
- Monitor and track performance of DC employees for accuracy and proficiency of work
- Ensure adherence to all safety standards and guidelines set forth by ECCO, as well as those that become apparent within the scope of the job.
- Maintain integrity of off-site inbound / outbound process.
- Maintain temporary staff levels and agency relationships as needed.
- Ensure timely and effective inter-department communications.
- Responsible for validation of pick-face stock allocation.
- Weekly administration of employee timesheets/payroll and PTO requests.
- Provide shift support for all inventory related efforts, including counts and physical inventories
- Ensure distribution employees are trained and qualified to execute their role.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all SAP and WMS warehouse processes.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve processes and create efficiencies across all DC operations.
- Maintain a cross-training file to ensure proper coverage throughout all DC functions.
- Timely completion of annual employee performance reviews.
- Maintain contact with colleagues to ensure accurate and timely communications between shifts, as well as providing direction of daily tasks to be completed.
- Keep management informed of any matters affecting the Distribution Center.
- Effectively manage and develop subordinate staff, providing for coaching and professional development opportunities as appropriate.
If you have…
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or related field – or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years supervisory/management experience.
- 8+ years distribution center/warehouse environment experience.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficient in WMS functionality.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively plan and multi-task, shifting priorities as needed.
- Solid communication skills and ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work extended hours, including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to complete and maintain Forklift certification.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English at a proficient level.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 35 lbs. up to a height of approximately four feet.
- Ability to walk/stand for prolonged periods.
…we want to hear from you!