ECCO is a Danish shoe manufacturer and retailer founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy, in Bredebro, Denmark. The company began with only the production of footwear, but has since expanded into leather production, accessories and small leather goods.
At ECCO our vision is to be the best shoe company in the world. We are the only major shoe company to own and operate our own production and retail facilities. And we constantly innovate to improve our ability to make shoes that follow the foot. At ECCO we are guided by our respect for our heritage, our call for innovation, our quest for excellence, our dedication to care, and our passion.
Job Title: Store Manager
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager
Role Objectives and Responsibilities
The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the operation of the store and ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory and human resource management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage. To exhibit, promote and train staff on all brand ambassador behaviors.
- Drive sales and manage the overall team selling effort in the store to meet or exceed sales goals and objectives.
- Instruct and motivate performance to maximize each employee’s potential. Set goals and follow-up on employee performance by providing plans and timely feedback.
- Set a positive example through modeling of effective selling skills and techniques on the sales floor.
- Direct and manage the total operations of the store. This includes stock control and management, shipping and receiving, product replenishment and management, store cleanliness, store maintenance and upkeep, store supplies upkeep and management and ensuring that store physical inventory shortage results are at or below company standards.
- Process transactions at the cash register, maintain sales ledgers and make customer refunds and exchanges.
- Source and identify exceptional candidates for ECCO for both current and future staffing needs.
- Create bench strength in store by identifying and developing employees for promotion into positions of greater responsibility.
- Write store staffing schedules within budgetary constraints and at least two weeks in advance, then post approved schedules in a timely fashion. Ensure payroll percent-to-sales for the store are at or below budgeted goal.
- Maintain the visual merchandising strategies for the store to create a store environment that provides our customers with a positive shopping experience.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO's culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years retail management or service related experience, footwear industry experience would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
- Basic math skills as it relates to retail sales (margins, conversions, etc.).
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings and weekends.
We care about creating and maintaining strong, positive relationships with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and the societies in which we live and work. We act with integrity and we respect and encourage diversity. We are a passionate organization, filled with people who are passionate and build their work on what they love to do.
We are committed to promoting a fair and equitable selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. ECCO Shoes provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status or any other grounds as described in the Human Rights Code. Applicants with a disability need to make any accommodation requests for the interview process known in advance. The Human Resources Department will arrange for reasonable accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights Code which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
To learn more about our Company please visit ca.shop.ecco.com. We thank all candidates for their interest in ECCO Shoes, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.